What is ADHD Life Coaching?
An ADHD Life Coach is someone who helps people decrease their struggles with their specific ADHD symptoms, and nurture positive change. We do this by partnering with the individual client (or group) in weekly sessions to examine the areas of their life they deem problematic and want to change. The coach helps the client foster awareness of what aspects of their life are helping or hindering them from achieving success. This relationship helps the client bridge the gap between where they are now and where they want to be. Each session we discuss the clients’ goals, break down the weekly chaos, and brainstorm creative solutions and strategies to help the client become the person they want to be.
What ADHD Life Coaching is NOT:
ADHD Life Coaches are not therapists, counselors, tutors, mentors, teachers, consultants, or advisors. We cannot diagnose ADHD. We do not tutor students with ADHD in whatever subject in which they may be struggling. We don’t dig deep into past traumas. We do not tell our clients what to do and solve their problems for them. We do not prescribe medication. We don’t give the client a lesson plan, or give homework on how to live their lives.
Is ADHD Life Coaching right for me or someone I love? Take this quiz to find out!
- Are you, or someone you love, struggling with ADHD Symptoms? Y/N
- Are you wanting to treat you or your your loved ones ADHD from every possible angle? Y/N
- Do you, or someone you love, have goals that feel unattainable? Y/N
- Do you, or someone you love, feel stuck in a rut and don’t know how to get out of it? Y/N
- Are you, or your loved one, wanting to become more self aware? Y/N
- Do you, or someone you love, have some bad habits you want to change? Y/N
- Do you, or someone you love, feel like there are some gaps in your life you want to fill? Y/N
- Are you, or someone you love, willing to work with someone as a partner in total honesty to examine what’s getting in the way of what they want to accomplish? Y/N
- Are you, or someone you love, ready to hold yourselves accountable? Y/N
- Are you, or someone you love, open to creative problem solving and brainstorming? Y/N
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions, you may be a good candidate for ADHD Life Coaching. I offer a free 30-minute phone consultation and would be happy to answer any of your questions then. Shoot me an email to schedule!
Curious about journaling?
A lot of people find journaling to be a great resource to help de-clutter their mind, help with their memory, a good place to vent, and come up with ideas. Other people enjoy it as a creative outlet. If journaling is something you’ve always been curious about, but don’t know where to start, I can help you! I can send you 365 journal prompts for FREE. That’s a year’s worth of journaling! All you have to do is find a journal you like, an shoot me an email to request the prompts!
Maddy has been instrumental in helping me organize, analyze, and work through the unique challenges that having ADHD presents. She is an advocate of getting me to learn how to overcome the day-to-day obstacles that arise in the course of living with ADHD, but is never afraid to support me with resources or her own thoughts when I request them. If an ADHD coach is supposed to make it easier for us to find a path forward towards the future that we want for ourselves, I can’t think of a better example than Maddy.